Russell HR Consulting is proud to be the official provider of human resource advice and support to the Builders Merchants Federation since 2008. From advising on employees who climb the racking to bringing down chronic Monday-itis, from sorting out social media silliness to drivers with bad backs, we’ve seen and advised on it all!
Our retained HR service gives you a fixed fee plan which means you get HR support from people who understand your business, and give proactive and robust advice.
The contents of each retained service are tailored to meet the individual organisation’s needs. Typically they include:
- an HR audit to assess where you are now and where you need to be;
- clear and practical HR advice which is confirmed in writing;
- proactive follow ups;
- a review and update of employment documents;
- provision of correspondence, policies and procedures;
- employment law updates in clear English;
- regular education and training;
- conversations with a friendly, understanding and knowledgeable advisor.
If you want to factor site visits into your HR plan, we are happy to do so, and If you need help sorting out any HR issues, get in touch.
Why work with us?
When you work with us you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- your people problems will be solved;
- we help you identify issues and nip them in the bud;
- we understand your business so we’re able to target our advice effectively;
- because we take the time to explore the issues and explain the options you get much more knowledgeable yourself – and that makes your management skills better;
- you’ll find that over time working with us saves you time and makes you more profitable;
- oh yes – and we’re fun to deal with too!
To find out a bit about our approach, here’s Kate talking about dealing with “chronic Monday-itis”
90% of our business is repeat or referred. That fact speaks volumes.
Read what our merchant clients say.
- Booklet: Top tips on Tackling Discipline
- Case study: The Case of the Changing Goal Posts
- First aid kit: Quick Guide to Dealing with Fights at Work.
- Sporting events: Managing your workforce during major sport events
Join our free webinar on Tuesday 29th July.
There are a good many reasons for joining!
- You’ll gain practical knowledge and know what to do to reduce the risk of tribunal claims.
- You will be able to spot warning signs and nip problems in the bud.
- You will be able to side-step legal risks and you’ll know what to do when someone says “You can’t do that. I know my rights!”
- You’ll save time and money.
All this in just 45 minutes and without even having to leave your workplace. And it’s free!
In the news:
Read Kate’s article in Builders Merchants News 17th June